Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thiebaud Inspired Print

This post is a continuation of the Thiebaud inspired assignment. After I completed my sketch of fortune cookies, I traced it, and carved the image into a linoleum board. I then did a collection of 15 prints with different paints on different colored papers, and the five images to the right are my favorite prints. Interestingly enough, three that ended up being my favorites were done on black paper. I think that this can be attributed to the fact that the original design included dark shadows on the fortune cookies, so correspondingly, the black paper accurately depicted these distinct shapes. Also, the bright and in some cases neon-like paints really stood out to me. On the other hand, I think the bottom two prints also turned out well because of the complementary colors in the case of the blue paper, and the dark yellow on black. In summary, I am happy with the prints, and think that the fortune cookies are recognizable while still avoiding unnecessary outlines; shadows and white lights merge.



  








No comments:

Post a Comment