Monday, September 24, 2012

Word Sketch #2: "Sun"

For the second sketch in my series designed to illustrate the word sun, I chose to depict sunflowers. After getting some from the store to photograph, I set them up at various locations and positions in my front yard. My favorite picture was one where they were against the blue background of the sky, (the color was great), but it was not nearly as interesting a composition in terms of shapes as the one below. I love the overlapping pedals and the details of each flower against the blurred background. The flourishing golden pedals and the orange inner core reminded my of the sun as the flower's name would indicate. The stems rising from the glass vase which stands on the front porch was also nice. I decided to omit the complex inner pattern of seeds because its complicated nature outweighed what it might offer to the sketch.




No comments:

Post a Comment