Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Word Sketch #3: "Sun"

For my final sketch in a series designed to illustrate the word "sun", I decided to photograph a pair of sunglasses. Originally, I had chosen two pairs and took sample photos of each, and came to the conclusion that because of the Ray Bans' reflecting yet extremely translucent lens, and the distinctive thin gold frame around the glasses, I would use it for my sketch. Some aspects I wanted to emphasize in this sketch include the tinted shading of the setting within the lenses and the darks and lights around them. In the photo I see an extremely bright foreground and dark background, and the glasses function as a bridge between the two. I am happy with the product, and how the shades of black correspond to different components. This picture contains what I would characterize as "irrelevant information" such as the the blurred sidewalk in the foreground and trees in the background; I decided that these components had little value and excluded them from the sketch. One element that was challenging to draw though was the "Ray Ban" insignia; writing letters in a half-inch space is harder than it looks! The photo and sketch are shown below: 







No comments:

Post a Comment